The Maud Kuistila Award
The Maud Kuistila Foundation presents also annually the Maud Kuistila Award to a merited teacher of scientists in the field of medicine. The purpose of the award is to highlight the impact that teachers of scientists have for retaining and developing the tradition of high-standard medical research in Finland. The amount of the award is 20,000 €.
Proposals for candidates
Brief, freely formulated proposals for candidates of the Maud Kuistila Award are invited. They should reach the secretary of the scientific delegation of the Maud Kuistila Memorial Foundation by the end of October each year at the address Mannerheimintie 12 B, FIN-00100 HELSINKI, Finland. Proposals made within the previous three years are included in the selection process.
The award is presented in connection with the annual Medical Convention in early January in Helsinki. The recipient of the award is also presented in the Finnish Medical Journal.
Proposals are warmly invited from scientists who themselves have had the privilege of having been taught and supervised by professional, versatile and altruistic teachers.
Recipients of the Award
The articles below are only available in finnish.
- 2020 professor Jaro Karppinen
- 2019 professor Markku Heikinheimo
- 2018 professor André Sourander
- 2017 professor Matti Korppi
- 2016 professor Aila Rissanen
- 2015 research professor Timo Partonen
- 2014 professor Hannu Kalimo
- 2013 professor Tero Kivelä
- 2012 professor Teuvo Tammela
- 2011 professor Vuokko Kinnula
- 2010 professor Heikki Ruskoaho
- 2009 professor Olli Simell
- 2008 professor Jaakko Kaprio
- 2007 professor Olavi Pelkonen
- 2006 professor Olavi Ylikorkala
- 2005 professor Heikki Huikuri
- 2004 professor Mikael Knip
- 2003 professor Pertti Neuvonen
- 2002 professor Markku Savolainen
- 2001 professor Kalervo Väänänen
- 2000 professor Markku Mäki
- 1999 professor Jouko Lönnqvist
- 1998 professor Heikki Vapaatalo
- 1997 professor Sirpa Jalkanen
- 1995 professor Gunnar Myllylä
- 1994 professor Ilmo Hassinen